<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

A bit about me...

Tuesday, August 17, 2004
I'm not a very paranoid person by nature, but I really don't like volunteering too much information out to an unknown public. That is why I will keep specific personal information (name, specific location, age...etc) to a minimum.

That being said, I'm aware that reading a blog of someone you know nothing about isn't really cool. So, let's give you a little bit about me.

My nick is Rand. Rand is a character in a popular anime TV series called Robotech. Why did I pick a cartoon character's name for my nick? Several reasons. But chiefly his style and attitude ressembles mine; he's resourceful, direct, and supportive. And I believe it is that last epithet that best describes me (and Rand). I don't believe I'm at my best when I'm in the shadows or in the limelight. Rather I usually find myself in the company of truly remarkable men and women, where I quickly become their help, and they become my examples. I don't know if that sounds pathetic to some of you, but I must say, it's been a blest experience so far.

As you've seen in my "About Me" section, I'm Canadian. But don't let that fool you. In ideology I'm much more of an American than a Canadian. Don't get me wrong, I love being Canadian. I don't think I could live with a winter where there wasn't at least a foot of snow on the ground and life without Hockey Night in Canada is a thought I just can't bear (LOL). But in politics, in matters of faith, and culture I find that I'm more at home with my American neighbors.

I have a son and a daughter (in that order) and my wife is working on # 3 (due at end of December). I work for a research institute as a technician where I do all sorts of weird and nerdy experiments that would bore you to death if I tried to explain it.

I'm a Baptist Fundamentalist and when I'm not home or at work, I'm at church. When it comes to my faith, I will go into detail in a future post. Might put down my testimony, we'll see.

And I will leave at that for now, for more on information on me, I guess you'll just have to stay tuned.