<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

My testimony (conclusion)

Sunday, August 22, 2004
welcome back preacher...

After 3 years in Montreal, we moved back to the city my wife and I met. It felt good returning to a smaller more conservative city. I got a job with a federal research institute and my wife started work on our first child.

Returning to the AGC was out of the question; our doctrinal positions had shifted way too much for that. So we became members of the "church planting" mission I attended with my old "radical" friends (it's an independent Baptist church mission). It was and continues to be a very small fellowship, but the quality of the preaching is second to none. The pastor, though far from perfect, is definitely one of the most holy men I know; I've learned a great deal from him both in doctrine and in practice.

Through his influence, I've become a street preacher, a "substitute" pastor (when the real McCoy is away) and a Sunday school teacher...three positions I never would have thought myself qualified, or able, to fulfill. But with practice and the working of the Holy Spirit, I believe I'm doing well. I give God all the glory for the ability to do these most important jobs, I'm a really nervous guy by nature (LOL).

So that's who and where I am today. There are struggles and hardships, but the blessing of the Lord continues to be on me and my home. The Lord gave my wife and I 2 beautiful healthy children (plus one on the go), all the physical/material blessings a person could want, and the spiritual blessings have been abundant. Like Abraham, despite my various shortcomings, the Lord has blessed me beyond measure and I am thankful.

Praise the Lord! (Psalm 117)