<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Time Travel - Expedition # 2

Tuesday, October 18, 2005
Lightning and Moonshadows...

(if you don't know what this is... check out Expedition # 1)


'97

It was at the end of what had become "our routine walk". A routine that started when I tried to explain to Twinklemoose that it probably wasn't a good idea for she and I to spend too much time together. You see, I was moving away, and I didn't think Twink cared enough for me to commit to a serious relationship, and I didn't want to make my departure any harder than it had to be. Twink corrected my assumption (something I thank the Lord for every day).

A week after that walk, we both agreed to wait until I found work, and then we'd get ENGAGED! (but that's an entirely different story)

Our walk brought us to a lovely bay where we would usually have a seat on a park bench, or some big rock by the side of the water, and we would snuggle together and have some small talk. On this particular night, we made our way to the large rocks at the edge to the water. Two wonders of nature (God's nature), awaited us there.

The first was the moon. The brightness of the moon that night was at a level I had never seen before. We actually had shadows!!! We jumped and danced on the rocks, watching our moonshadows follow our every action. And then there was the flickering light on the waves... like a million fireflies dancing on the water.

And then the second wonder: off on the horizon, a storm was forming. Straight ahead, over the bay, thick clouds which probably would have been invisible in the night sky had it not been for the brightness of the moonlight. At every 5 seconds, an amazing display of lightning would shoot out of the clouds, lighting even further the night sky.

The combination of the moonlight and the storm's lightning... it was like the Lord Himself was giving my future fiancee and I a natural fireworks display.

Figuring that this night was something really special, I reached into my pocket hoping I hadn't removed the diamond ring I had just bought for her, but alas, I had locked it up in my desk before going out that night (the proposal came a couple of weeks later). The storm was practically over us when we decided that it would be a good idea to head back home. We ran to stay ahead of the rain, but the downpour caught up to us when we were a few yards away from Twinkle's apartment.

Soaked and laughing hysterically, we finally made it to the front lobby where Twink turned around to say goodnight. The look she gave me, and the way she looked... well... I think the exact phrase that came into my mind was: "Whoa! what a babe!" I really wanted to kiss her at this point, but we had promised each other that we wouldn't kiss until we were officially engaged, so I said goodnight and ran back outside to catch the bus back to my apartment.

Labels: