<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, October 01, 2005
dealt with the moon-god tonight...

Another Friday night, another 3 hours of street preaching. With the arrival of October, comes much colder weather, so the marketplace isn't as busy. That isn't to say that there is no one there, no, there are plenty of people, just not as many as in the summertime.

Plenty of one-on-one conversations tonight, and for some strange reason, most of the people I dealt with tonight were serious Muslims. Usually Muslims avoid me like the plague when they see the Gospel signs, but tonight, they seemed to be attracted by them. All the conversations were respectful and kind, though the stumbling block remained: the Deity of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

This one Muslim man in particular... I spoke with him for a solid hour. I usually try to break off from long discussions during our time of evangelism, but this fellow really wanted to know what I was all about, and of course, show me the merits of Islam. Though he steadfastly held to the teachings of the Qu'ran, I think my faithfulness and testimony shook him. He also was taken aback by my rejection of Romanism; sadly, when most Muslims think Christianity, they think of the Vatican. Graven images, Mary "queen of heaven", purgatory... he was really surprised to hear me say I rejected all of these because the Bible did NOT teach it. Several times he said:

"I never met a Christian like you before."

Anyway, he kept and promised to read the Bible tract I gave him, so please pray that this man will read the literature and come to one of our meetings (would I ever be pleased to this this man come to the knowledge of the Truth!).

I also dealt with a 50-year-old man who, at first, just wanted to mock me, but mid-way in our conversation, he became somewhat more respectful. His main observation was:

"Man! to be doing what you are doing... you must be very convinced!"

I told him that I was convinced because the Lord had saved me, but he replied:

"Ah! so you need that crutch in your life huh. It's okay, most people need something like that."

Funny, he was feeling sorry for me, and I was feeling sorry for him. Fifty years of life, blind to the Truth and wasting his time in ungodliness and vanity in the marketplace.

Well, it's very late, and it's been quite a week (work has been down right exhausting). Good night dear readers, I'm off to bed...


Rand