<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

A Conclusion... Of Sorts...

Friday, September 16, 2005
again, no notes...

I was preparing myself to get back to some serious street preaching tonight, but I'm afraid that the last bit of hurricane Ophelia put an end to that plan. It's raining quite a bit outside, so no street preaching tonight. So instead of getting the "Friday Night Notes", you'll get this post instead.

This is, as my title indicates, a conclusion of sorts to my series on Romanism. I say "of sorts" because, like my series on "Calvinism Objections Answered", I plan to add to the Romanism series from time to time. For now though, I think I've covered quite a bit of ground; any honest soul, who is seeking the Truth, should see the importance of staying clear of Romanism by now. I know that this statement will probably vex some of my Romanist readers, but I am called to be truthful, and that's exactly what you are getting.

My Romanist readers: YOU ARE WITHOUT EXCUSE. Whether you accept my expositions or not, it is irrelevant. There is alot in my posts on Romanism that cannot be refuted. Your rejection of the Second Commandment of Moses (check out how Romanist's present the 10 Commandments, and this isn't an exception), your rejection of Sola Scriptura which is CLEARLY taught in 2 Timothy 3:16-17 (replacing this precious doctrine with your vain, wicked traditions), your worship of Mary as the Queen of Heaven (which is nowhere taught in Scripture, even the title is made-up)... these are but a few examples of your heresies that will someday condemn you, if you will not repent.

Now let me make something clear: THE ROAD TO HELL IS PAVED WITH GOOD INTENTIONS. A worldly saying, but an all too often accurate one nonetheless. Do I believe that Romanists are a bunch of people who secretly meet with Satan to plan how to condemn the most souls possible? Uh... no. I believe that like all other types of sinners, Romanists only seek to do one thing through their religion: self-justification. They don't want the justification that is from God because they reject God's Word as THE ONLY AUTHORITY for faith and practice. So they made up "their own way" through their traditions. And like I said, Romanists aren't alone in this business, ALL SINNERS, whether by religion or philosophy, seek to justify themselves.

Friends, there is ONE WAY to justification, and it isn't through Romanism. It is through the Jesus of the Bible: the One who was born of Mary, a woman who was a sinner saved by grace (no more, no less), the One who had half-brothers and half-sisters (the sons and daughters of Joseph and Mary), the One who died to cover ALL THE SINS of His people, the One who requires worship TO BE IN SPIRIT AND IN TRUTH (not in images). He is the narrow way that few find (Matthew 7:14). All other paths are just part of the broad road that leads to destruction (Matthew 7:13), and the millions of Romanists are definitely part of the "many who enter thereat".

Think about it... eternity is a long time... especially when it's spent under God's wrath.


Rand