<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, August 27, 2005
somewhat uneventful...

Another Friday night spent preaching God's Word in the marketplace. We were out to our customary spot for our 3 hours of street preaching. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to preach as long as usual since I'm still fighting off a sore throat, but the Lord was good and He kept my old voice loud and clear.

Nothing much happened tonight. We had a few short conversations with some young men and women, but nothing too dramatic. Alot of people stopped and listened to our preaching though, which is a really good thing. A man did walk up to me at some point and said: "what? you afraid people are having too good a time?" I answered: "my problem is what people today do to have a good time." He didn't reply.

I was expecting alot of Sodomites tonight, since this Lord's Day afternoon is their wicked "Pride Parade" through my city, but while I did notice a somewhat larger number of lesbians, the increase was pretty negligible. That being said, this "Pride Parade" is going to keep me up this weekend I'm afraid. I really hate the wicked event. I mean I REALLY HATE IT.

We will be maligned, we will be pushed around, things will be thrown at us, we will be flashed... etc... etc... and throughout all of it, I will have to work at keeping composed, and compassionate (Lord help me!).

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." (2 Timothy 1:7)

Please pray for me, dear saints, that the Lord would make the above verse a reality for me on the Lord's Day afternoon; which is when the parade starts.

That's all for tonight... I have to at least try to sleep...

Take care,


Rand