<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Troll Alert!

Saturday, August 20, 2005
sorry folks... but I'm afraid it comes with the territory...

Well, I gave it an honest shot... I really did. I also thought it would work! I thought I had managed to reason with an internet troll! But sadly, it didn't stick.

I just received a scornful/mocking e-mail this morning from a troll who used to post long, patronizing, and mocking comments all over my blog (if you didn't see any of these comments, it's because I'm usually pretty quick with the "Delete" button). His e-mail was just more of the same.

This is quite disappointing considering what had happened a couple of months ago. Anyway, in the spirit of full disclosure, here is the e-mail I received, and this was my answer.

I must also warn you that this troll has taken a variety of names (both female and male, though mostly male) and he/she/it has had ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM with sending my readers his scornful trash via e-mail. I'm terribly sorry about this, but I guess it's the price you pay for being friends with "old-Rand".

Some of the names to watch for is Taffy, Sister Taffy, Taffy Dooright, Thomas, Thomas Vanderbyl, James (yes, the James who has been commenting here the last few weeks is the same person... I let he/she/it express himself/herself/itself in the hope that I could be a help to him/her/it), Wilfred Davies, or any name that ends with Crockett, Gaines or Davenport. The e-mail I got this morning was from "PreacherMann0507", so you can see, he changes names like I change socks. One way to quickly identify the troll is its love of Psalm 58:10 and Psalm 137:9, which it uses to make God and God's people look like sadistic fools.

Anyway, I apologize ahead of time for any inconvenience this may cause, I will do my best to keep he/she/it at bay.

Later,


Rand