<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Romanism Reloaded

Wednesday, July 20, 2005
let's go a little deeper...

For some time now, I've been desiring to start a small series of posts refuting the heresies of Romanism (aka Roman Catholicism). I've been putting it off because, just like the real world, the Net is bustling with Romanists who don't take too kindly to being told that they are wrong and in the sin of idolatry. The result? My comment box gets full of Romanist nonsense which I then feel obliged to answer and before you know it, I'm wasting hours dealing with people who are quite content in their idolatry and have very little time for the Bible (you can check out my comment box on my former site, and it's equivalent on this site for examples, I won't even go into some of the quacky e-mails I got). These endless and useless babblings have made my posting this series quite unappealing.

All this being said, in the next few days I will begin my series, refusing to let unrepentant Romanists from keeping me from fulfilling Jude 3:

"Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints."

Before I begin this series though, there are a few things I would like to point out, in an attempt to curb some pointless "comment box babblings":


1- My general view on Romanism is summarized in this post. If you can't stand reading it, then you will absolutely detest reading my series. Better to stay away.

2- I KNOW Romanism. I KNOW it academically, I KNOW it practically. As a French Canadian, I was baptized as a baby, took my First Communion in grade 1, and did my Confirmation in grade 6. I went through 13 years of Romanist schooling; in those 13 years, I studied 16 semesters of Romanist Catechism. After my conversion to the Christ of the Bible, I further studied Romanism (this time, with a more critical mind), in order to gain assurance that leaving this faith was "the right thing to do".

3- Most of my family members (more than 75%) are Romanists. So before charging me with being hateful, or prejudiced against Romanism, bear that in mind; just like any man, I love my family.

4- While I welcome favorable and unfavorable comments, there are boundaries that must be respected. I have posted clear guidelines in my commenting rules. Obedience to these rules are NOT optional, especially in controversial posts such as I will be posting soon.


I truly hope that my series on the heresy of Romanism will be an eye-opener for God's elect that are still lost in so-called "Roman Catholicism", as I hope it will be informative to God's people in general. I will probably begin in a few days (I'm really busy!!!), so stay tuned.


Rand

Labels: