<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Romanism

Thursday, January 27, 2005
Thanks Jean-Paul, but no thanks...

Disclaimer: This post WILL offend, but let me be clear, it isn't my intention to offend. The Bible offends, that much is clear since it affirms the fact in 1 Peter 2:8. What I will post here, I really, really believe. If you disagree, tough! I post about biblical matters, I'm not running a popularity contest.

I'm writing this post as background to the next post. I felt it was important to lay this foundation down so that all you, dear readers, truly understand where I'm coming from. And what is this foundation? Why I affirm that Roman Catholicism is a wicked false religion.

Let me make my position clear: A Christian Roman Catholic, to me, is as opposite as a Nazi Jew. One cannot be a follower of Christ and be a follower of Romanism at the same time. Why? Because the Romanist worships a god different than the God of the Bible. For example, consider the 2nd person of the Trinity, the Lord Jesus Christ:


Romanism:

-Jesus was born of a sinless, perfect mother, who is declared the "Queen of Heaven".
-Jesus did not have half-brothers and half-sisters.
-Jesus died for all of mankind, Christian or not.
-Jesus made Peter the 1st pope (the leader of the so-called Roman Catholic church), to act as a representative for God on the Earth.
-Jesus was a long-haired, bearded, skinny guy.
-Jesus saves men by a combination of faith and works of righteousness.

Biblical Christianity:

-Jesus was born of a kind, godly woman, but Mary was still a sinner by birth and choice (Luke 1:26-38).
-Mary and Joseph had sons and daughters after the birth of Christ (Luke 8:20).
-Jesus died for HIS SHEEP; there is no condemnation only for those who are IN CHRIST (John 10:11; Romans 8:1).
-Jesus is the only mediator between man and God there is no place for popes or priests
(1 Timothy 2:5).
-Jesus knew that it was shameful for a man to have long hair, so he had short hair (1 Corinthians 11:14).
-Jesus saves men by faith alone (Ephesians 2: 8-9).


You see, the names are the same, but we're not talking about the same people. There are at least to other men in my city who have the same name as myself. How does someone differentiate us? By description! If you're looking for a 200 lbs, 6 feet tall man, you got the wrong Rand. The same reasoning applies to the Biblical Christ and the Romanist Christ. The Jesus I worship, is not the Jesus that the Roman Catholic worships.

This post only scratches the surface of Roman Catholic false teachings. I haven't touched the idolatry with their statues of wood, stone and gold (Exodus 20:4; Habakuk 2:18-19). I haven't dealt with the extortion of the indulgence system, which I assure you, continues in many places today (1 Peter 5:2). I've made no mention of their violation of the 1st commandment of Moses by worshiping Mary, the so-called Queen of Heaven (Exodus 20:3). In the end, you get my point:

There will be no Roman Catholic in the Kingdom of God; that includes all the popes, mother Theresa, brother Andrew, and all other men and women who have rejected the God of the Bible to embrace the Romanist god. If you are a Romanist, and you are reading these words, you need to repent and believe in the God of the Bible. God will not receive an unrepentant idolater.

Labels: