<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, January 08, 2005
It was good...really!

Well, the boys are back in town...downtown that is.

My pastor and I went out preaching tonight. Our usual spot in the marketplace was free of beggars and musicians so our preaching went unhindered. The reception was varied as usual. Plenty of mockers, a few angry souls who hate anything godly, and yes a few kind souls who were interested in the Gospel.

A man and a woman came to speak to me while I was holding our John 3:16 sign; they showed interest in coming to church on the Lord's Day. The man asked whether our church had a website, because he wanted to check out our doctrinal statement. I gladly gave him the website! I find it shows spiritual maturity when someone wants to see what a church actually believes in before going to a service.

Another interesting thing happened tonight. Three young Christians (of the Brethren flavour) stopped in front of me as I was preaching and offered to get me a warm coffee because, and I quote: "we really like what you're doing here tonight." Their kind words warmed my heart. We had a small chat and they continued with their business, and I continued with mine.

One thing that really struck me after the young people had left: they were so GOOD looking!!! I know...I know that sounds funny, but it's true! I mean two young men and one young woman with no tattoos, no metal in their faces, natural/normal hair colour...etc. But the main attractive feature was their faces, or their demeanor: they just beamed with kindness and gentleness. It was just such a contrast to the other people out there tonight who have such hard and drunken demeanors.

As things get more and more godless and wicked, I guess God's people will stand out more and more.


Take care, and have a good weekend,