<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

This Kind of Thing Drives Me Nuts!!!

Tuesday, January 04, 2005
You know the church is in SERIOUS trouble when...
Posted by Hello



If you can't read what is on the sign, I apologize. I tried darkening the letters using Microsoft Paint, but it didn't help that much. The sign reads:

The Matrix
7 PM SUN Nov 23
Followed by a dialogue

My gripe: On the Lord's Day, in place of an evening service where God's people could be praising and worshiping the Lord, this "church" presented a violent, stupid Hollywood movie. And this promise of dialogue, assuming it is somekind of Gospel presentation, still doesn't legitimize this nonsense. The Word of God says: "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (Romans 10: 17) Faith doesn't come by Keanu Reeves or science-fiction trilogies, it comes by the preaching of the Bible.

And they call themselves Baptists...oye...I'm going to ask my pastor if we could switch names...


(yes, the letters on the sign have been doctored, but I assure you, I just darkened the letters. My wife took the picture as we were driving past this church a few weeks ago)


Later,