<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

My testimony (part 2)

Friday, August 20, 2004
Pride cometh before a fall...

High School was an amazing time for me. I had academic success, I had good friends (not all Christian, but quality people), and the Lord blessed me in every conceivable way. I finished High School with the 2nd best GPA and I had won 3 scholarships for post-secondary education. I was the toast of my parents, my friends and even my adversaries were humbled. I was on top of the world.

Pride.

It didn't take long for my sin to sink me like a rock in the ocean. My first year of University was a Class A disaster! I fell into lust (as opposed to love) with the wrong woman, I had stopped going to church, and I started drinking. My grades went from above average to below...well below average. I had lost the woman I wanted, I was academically ruined, and the new "friends" I had made turned out to be of the "fair weather" type.

I was lost. Despair and anger had taken over. My "social drinking" had become alcoholism. Defeated and broken, I took up several summer jobs in order to keep from pondering on my disastrous school year. Come Fall, I decided to leave University for good and instead take a biotech course at a technical college.

Academically, things got better in college, but my own personal problems remained. Drinking was still a problem and most of my time was spent locked up in my room, feeling bitter and angry. I would just sit there and listen to the sounds of the Smashing Pumpkins and Alice in Chains, their lyrics filled with the feelings I was experiencing. This went on for 2 years.


to be continued...