<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Why a blog...

Wednesday, August 18, 2004
I was asked why I started this blog yesterday (another mir reference) and I thought the question should be adequately answered. I insinuated in my first post that I was being pushed into starting a blog, but that isn't the whole story.

So why did I start a blog?

I started it because I think I need an out for all the thoughts floating in my head. Since my conversion, the Lord has brought me through some pretty harsh AND some pretty wonderful experiences. Some of these experiences are quite "unique" and I find that often, because of their uniqueness, it is difficult to find someone to talk about these things. So I find myself analyzing these experiences in my head, and it doesn't take long that the "old Pentium" gets weary of all the work (no comments!).

For example: A fellow believer I met in a forum a few weeks ago asked me about "open air" evangelism. He wanted to know how I did it, what was the response, do others do it...So on and so forth. That's when I realized: "there are probably people out there who would be interested in reading about your experiences Rand!"

So there you go! That's why I started a blog. Mental health and the hope that I can comfort or challenge anyone who would take the time to read a post by a "quirky fundy Christian".

I think I'm almost done with the "intro. To the blog" posts. Maybe 1-2 more. I know they're kind of dry, but I think they're important.

Later alligator!