<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

DON'T "MEME" ME ! ! !

Monday, August 22, 2005
we interrupt our regularly scheduled programming...

Okay... I think by the title, you get the picture. I hate "memes". I really, really hate "memes". I find memes 10 times more irritating than chain letters and you have NO IDEA how much I hate chain letters.

This being said, I've been tagged with a "meme" by my friend Scott, and since he lives in the same city I live in (which means I can't hide from him), I will answer this, my first and VERY LIKELY my last, "meme".

Here we go:


How many books do you own?


Hundreds... probably around 500 hundred (not counting the myriad of children's books which have taken over my house since the kids came along.


What is the last book you bought?


The New Scofield Study Bible: which incidently, is now out of print. I really like this Bible so I'm taking REAL GOOD care of it.


What was the last book you read?


The parenting classic: Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp. All and all, I got some good out of the book, but in the end, like books on relationships, I felt the author oversimplified matters that tend to be more complex and varying. It is near impossible to make up a formula that will garantee healthy romantic relationships, I believe the same can be said for child rearing.


What are some books that meant a lot to you?


Hermeneutics by Henry Virkler: how this book has helped me in my interpretation of Scripture. And funny enough, although it was clear from the way the book was put together that it was meant to shape its readers into Arminian Dispensationalists, I became a Dispensational Calvinist by the time I was done reading it.

Chosen By God by R.C. Sproul: though littered with such nonsense as Covenant Theology and Infant Baptism, the book illustrates quite well the great Doctrines of Grace.

Cyrano de Bergerac by Edmond Rostand: nothing to do with the Faith, but this book has had quite an impact on me. I suppose I have a "romantic" side after all. (LOL)


Tag! You're it...


Well, I hate being "meme-d", but to complete my role, I'm tagging (and I'm sooo sorry):

Doug!


I am now going back to the couch, where I will act like I'm dying... because that's what men who have colds do.

Later,


Rand