<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, September 03, 2005
suppressing the Truth in unrighteousness...

Another Friday night in the books. Three hours of street preaching, Gospel literature distribution and Gospel sign carrying. Much like last week, it was a quiet, somewhat uneventful night. There were the usual mockers and scoffers, but nothing we couldn't handle.

The bad:

-A biker (as in, a motorcycle owner dressed completely in leather) came up to us to "straighten us out". You see, apparently, God doesn't judge anyone... He just wants us all to have a good time. The Fall of Man? Oh! that wasn't judgement, it was just God's way of giving Adam and Eve an opportunity to learn how to build shelters, hunt and gather food, have a family life... etc. "God is so loving," he said, "He'll receive everyone." Cute imagination, wouldn't you say?

"For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables." (2 Timothy 4:3-4)

-Oh yeah! and I'm an idiot. You see, another man, very very high on drugs (he couldn't even stand straight) told me that if I had any intelligence at all, I'd realize that religion is just a "crutch" that some people need to get through life. So I guess that makes me a complete idiot. Well, at least I'm not using drugs to do the job.

The Good:

-Brother Laz was preaching on one side of the street and I was distributing (or trying to distribute) Gospel literature on the other side. A young man came along, stopped and watched/listened to Brother Laz's preaching. He then caught a glimpse of me and asked: "so why are you guys doing this tonight?" I explained to him how the Bible instructed all saints to go out and preach to Gospel to all of creation, and through that the Lord would save His people. My answer seemed to make sense to him since he nodded in agreement. He accepted a Gospel tract and shook my hand, thanking me for my time.

-On our way back home, I was stopped at a traffic light. Seeing me standing with my Gospel sign, the man next to me said:

"How are you doing tonight?"

"Fine," I replied.

"So are you presenting this just to make people fell bad?" he inquired.

"I'm presenting this because I want people to repent and believe on the Gospel, so that they can have peace with God and eternal life," I responded.

We then had a civil conversation about the Faith, what it was, and what it wasn't. Overhearing my answers, another man joined in the conversation to show his approval with some of my positions. You see, I mentioned that most religion is nothing more then vain, ritualistic, dead traditionalism and as Romanists, both men acknowledged that that was true of their own religion.

Sadly though, both men were fixated on the idea that they wanted to have "a good time" for awhile, and later, they would think about God and repentance. I warned them of the foolishness of such a philosophy, but to no avail. I made sure to impress on them that I too, once enjoyed the things they were doing, but that the Lord had since changed me, He had SAVED me.

Anyway, please pray for the two men, Justin and Al, that the Lord would use the Gospel tract I gave Justin, and that He would cause both of them to remember our conversation and put more thought into the matter.


That's it for tonight, it's late and I have another big day of street evangelism tomorrow... another "gay pride" even... ugh... (I'll let you know how that happened later)

Good night dear readers,


Rand