<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Friday, September 23, 2005
back from camping... and back to preaching...

It was just my pastor and I tonight. We did our usual 3 hours of street preaching in two different locations of the marketplace (our usual preaching spot was temporarily taken over by musicians).

We did the work, but again, our audience was, for the most part, quite antagonistic. Pretty sad... even when my pastor was preaching about God's love and grace (in that particular moment, he hadn't mentioned anything about judgement, or anything negative), people were still passing by hissing and groaning in disgust. It's becoming more and more difficult for me to not come to the conclusion that the curse of the Lord is on my country, since its citizens are so terribly hard towards the Gospel and are becoming harder and harder as time goes on. I wonder, did God give Canada over to its wickedness as we see it in Romans 1:20-32?

Other than that, I have very little to report. I guess on the bright side, I could mention that I did hand out a fair number of Bible tracts tonight, and I wasn't overtly cursed at, which is good. But on the down side, most people tonight simply couldn't have cared less about God or His Gospel, and therefore, they just thought of me as some quack with a Bible sign; someone so below them, I wasn't worth their attention.

How I yearn for some sign of spiritual life! How I would like the Lord to use me as a soul-winner! How I wish the Lord would put His fear in the people of my city! Even if it weren't unto salvation. If they could only have a "natural reverence" for God and His Word, how refreshing that would be.

Anyway, no use whining about the situation... that's what is going on in my city, and therefore, it is the way God wants things to happen for now. In the end, He knows what is best, His counsels are always perfect. So, I guess "thy will be done" is the only godly and wise thing for me to say to the Lord on this matter.

I still have a bit of work to do on my sermon, which I will be preaching on the Lord's Day evening service, so I better get to it. Good night dear readers.


Rand