<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, October 15, 2005
what a busy night...

I apologize for being late with my notes, things, as you will read, were quite busy.

8pm-11pm:

Brother Laz and I went out to our usual spot to preach the Gospel. All and all, it was a good night. Brother Laz had a great conversation with a young man, and there is hope we will see him tomorrow at the Lord's Day service. The Lord didn't provide me with such a blessing, but I did get some kind words from some of my hearers (which was nice... it doesn't happen much during our Friday night evangelism).

Funny moment of the night: as I was walking with one of our Gospel signs, a man passed by me and muttered: "that's one hell of a sign..."

Gratifying moment of the night: I don't know if my heart was right when I did this, but I have to tell you, I REALLY ENJOYED DOING IT! Three women dressed like prostitutes walked by Brother Laz. He offered them a Gospel tract, and they reacted with scorn and mockery. I was preaching when all this was going on, and I have to tell you, seeing how those jezebels were treating my brother-in-the-Lord really, really irked me. So, I took aim. I stopped preaching my message and started preaching against their wickedness. "You laugh now ladies, but they day will come when you will tremble before God," I exclaimed. You should have seen their shocked faces.

11pm-4am:

No, I wasn't in bed.

I was at work. We had a scheduled power outage so I had to make my way in to make sure that our new UPS systems responded right. For those of you who don't know what a UPS is, the letters stand for Uninterruptible Power Supplies, which is fancy words for battery units.

Sadly, when the power went out, the UPS batteries failed miserably and spikes in the power supply blew one of our computers up. I spent the next 2 hours trying to fix things up, but failed miserably.

4am-6am:

Still not in bed.

I'm in the bathroom. Sick to my stomach. Seems like I caught a nasty bug.


And that's the notes!


Rand