<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Some good

Saturday, August 28, 2004
but, mostly bad...

Had a visit from my friend this weekend (one of the radicals who is now living in Taiwan...see testimony). It was a good time. We chatted on the state of the Land, theological questions like infant/child salvation and shared news on common friends. It was good.

I also met up with another friend last night while doing open-air evangelism. This particular friend is a police officer now, he was on duty when I saw him across the street. We spoke for a few minutes and promised each other to have coffee sometime. For a street preacher, having a cop friend is a really good thing...LOL.

It wasn't all good though. The spiritual bankruptcy of Canada still manages to shock me. 2+ hours of preaching the gospel last night and very little to show for it. At one point, I was preaching about the destructive nature of sin when a brand new corvette drove up right across the street from where I was preaching. A few minutes later, middle-aged man and a young lady (wearing clothes that left little to the imagination) walked to the car, and as the man pulled out a camera, the young lady stretched out lustfully on the hood of the car. The man took the picture and they all had a big laugh. All of this with the gospel being preached in the background. The hearts are hard.

We (my pastor and I) did have a good conversation with a young Italian fellow. He asked the right questions, but in the end, he couldn't except that his sin was separating him from God. Maybe he'll turn to the Bible and acknowledge his sin...who knows.

"Save now, I beseech thee, O Lord: O Lord, I beseech thee, send now prosperity." (Psalm 118: 25)