<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, April 19, 2008
continuing to do what few Christians are willing to do...


Out of pure habit, pastor Tim put a warm jacket on tonight. He really didn't need it. The warm weather is back in Canada's capital, and along with it, a myriad of sinners crashing the market to practice all manner of abomination. So we took our place on our usual street corner and preached the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ to literally THOUSANDS of souls.

Even to a now seasoned street preacher such as myself, I have to admit that preaching to such large crowds after a long winter season which produced relatively small audiences, well, I was pretty intimidated. I had to get used to being jeered by much larger groups of people (without getting messed up in my Gospel presentation), and I had to preach more loudly than usual because the background noise of the market was quite loud. It was quite a challenge to both pastor Tim and I, but the Lord was with us, and we succeeded in delivering the Gospel of Life to countless lost souls.

Nothing extraordinary took place tonight. The persecution wasn't near as bad as I had feared (due to the larger crowds), but the overall interest in the Gospel was quite poor. Some read our signs, some took Bible tracts, a few listened to a few minutes of our preaching, but all in all, very little interest was shown. This is always disappointing to our eyes, but I take much comfort in this: the Lord was glorified in the marketplace tonight.

I did however have a couple of conversations with sinners which may yet produce some fruit. I spoke to an older gentleman who wanted to know if I really REALLY believed the Bible had all the answers.

"Well, the Bible has all the answers to all the really important questions," I answered, "the questions that need answering. The Bible won't tell me what type of car to buy, but it has taught me to love my neighbour as myself and to love God with everything I got. It's taught me about Heaven and Hell, and how to live a life that is upright, holy and righteous."

"I see," the man answered. "I have to admit, that all sounds quite right to me. You're a much greater man than I!"

"It has nothing to do with me," I replied. "The Lord has shown me much grace. That's how any one of us makes any progress in these matters. Seek the Lord, sir, and you too will be blessed."

The man thanked me for my words and shook my hand. He said his name was Ian and left me with a "God bless you". I hope and pray that Ian will seek the Lord with all his heart.

A short time after that conversation, a young homosexual showed up with some questions. It was quite a courteous and rational exchange, which was a real blessing, for most of our exchanges with homosexuals have been quite difficult, to say the least. This young man had honest questions to ask about the Bible and when I gave him the answers, he didn't break out the insults or mockeries, he just simply thanked me for the information. In our short conversation, it was made clear to the man that so long as he clung to homosexuality, the wrath of God would abide on him. It was also made clear to him that loving the Lord Jesus Christ over all things (sinful and otherwise) was the only way to peace with God and an eternity in Heaven.

Again, to my surprise, he took it all rather well. Praise God.


And that's it for tonight. I have a really busy day tomorrow, so I must get some sleep. God bless you all, dear readers. I again thank you for keeping up with my evangelistic escapades. Your comments, thoughts and prayers have been, and continue to be a real source of encouragement for me. Have a safe and blessed weekend, and a glorious Lord's Day.


Rand

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (Romans 10:13-17)

Labels: