<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, December 05, 2009
winter is a comin'...


The market was pretty quiet tonight. The summer crowds are gone and we are not likely to see them again until next spring. That said, there were still hundreds of lost souls walking through the streets of the marketplace, and most of them would have heard or read something of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The Lord use the preaching of His Word as He sees fit.

I don't really have much to report, it really was a quiet night of preaching and I have to admit that I was too tired to closely observe the goings-on of the market. I do recall a number of souls yelling vile mockeries at us, and there were definitely a few dirty looks shot at us, but nothing grievous enough to phase me. We had a few conversations with souls who professed faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, but our conversations with these were mostly superficial, so I really don't know if we actually spoke with any fellow brothers and sisters-in-the-Lord tonight.

Pastor Tim and I did have a conversation with an unbelieving, young couple. After that conversation, I can verify the following saying: "If you don't believe in God, you'll believe anything!" The nonsense these two lost souls believed! Pastor Tim and I both tried, mostly with pure logic, to show the folly of their views, but they refused to answer our questions, knowing that their own truthful answers would unravel their warped, sinful beliefs. The young woman carried most of the conversation, claiming that the Lord Jesus Christ was "an anarchist" (which she approved of). So much for "rendering to Caesar what is Caesar's" (Matthew 22:21). What folly!

About an hour after that conversation, I met a man named Brent who had several kind words for me. It was refreshing. It's not the first time I met Brent, he had had kind words for me in the past, and there's just something about the way he speaks, his gestures and facial expressions, he shows a great deal of warmth. When I first met him I thought perhaps he was a brother-in-the-Lord, but I found out tonight that the only church Brent attends is a "United Church", which is the most liberal, wicked, anything goes assemblies in Canada. I was pretty disappointed. That said, I appreciate Brent honesty and his high regard for the preaching of God's Word. The Lord make His face to shine upon him!

We were out preaching for about three hours in frigid weather tonight, and in that time span I often needed to pick our 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 Bible sign from off the ground. It's incredible the level of hatred sinners have for that Scripture today. They kick, pull and spit on that sign like no other. The power of Scripture to convict men of sin clearly displayed! The Lord be merciful!

And that's the notes for tonight... it's been a busy week and it's finally time to relax a bit for the weekend. Thanks for keeping up with Pastor Tim and I's escapades, dear readers.

God bless you, dear saints of God.


Rand


Ps: Just a few exchanges that occurred tonight:


Young lady: "But, I'm a nice person!"

Pastor Tim: "No... no, you're not."

-----

Young man: "What about abortion... if a young woman is raped, you telling me it's still not alright to get an abortion?"

Rand: "Sins of the father. Tell me, if your father commits murder a goes into hiding, would you approve the state taking you and throwing you in jail?"

Young man: "..."

Rand: "You don't answer because you know the logical end of my argument. Dealing with the awful sin of rape with the awful sin of murder isn't a remedy. It's an abomination.

Labels: