<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, January 05, 2013
chilly and quiet...

Marketplace was pretty quiet tonight.  Not at all surprising, being the first Friday after the Christmas/New Year's holiday season.  People are broke and partied out, I suppose.

It snowed quite a bit during our three hours of street preaching, and I doubt the temperature was colder than -5 Celsius, which is always nice for a Canadian January. Another plus, we went three whole hours out there in the wicked market, and not once were our Bible signs knocked down! That hasn't happened in quite some time.

Hard to believe but it had been a months since my last night of evangelism with Pastor Tim.  It's good to be back to the routine and not have to deal with the upheaval that is the Holiday Season.  With such a long break, I wondered if I was going to be rusty in my street preaching, but I suppose I'm officially and old "pro" now, 'cause I didn't struggle at all.  The fact that the people were scarce probably helped me ease back into the work.

With such a low turnout, there weren't too many conversations with sinners.  Pastor Tim did deal with three young men, all of them quite drunk, and I had a conversation with a young man who professed to be a believer but was on his way to a nearby tavern.  I gave the young man a Gospel tract and asked him if Jesus had truly saved him.  He said he was, but that sin was an important part of his life.  I told him Jesus could give him the victory, but the young man didn't have any more time for me.  The Lord have mercy.

I met two Christian brothers tonight.  The first was a French man named Claude who, after reading my John 3:36 sign, said: "It really is going to be terrible, for those who reject Him."  I agreed wholeheartedly.  He then wished me well and said: "See you on the other side!"

The second was a young man from Rideauview Bible Chapel, who assumed I was part of Brother Layton's Open-Air Campaigners.  We had a good time of fellowship and it was good that an unbelieving friend of his got to hear us talking about the Lord for a few minutes.  Christian fellowship is always a good witness to the world.

That's about all I have to report for tonight.  Hope you all had a good and safe Christmas and New Year's, dear readers.

The Lord bless you and keep you!


Rand