<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

The problem is Islam.

Friday, September 03, 2004
the sooner we accept it, the better...

By nature, I'm a pretty tolerant guy. I don't go out of my way to fight with people who's ideology differs from mine. But there are things I believe in that I am quite willing to contend for. One of those things is the false religion of Islam.

Islam is a serious problem in the world today. You don't believe me? Look at the headlines of any news outlet in the last weeks. You will read of suicide bombers, plane hijackings and crashes, hostage takings and assassinations; and the common thread will be ISLAM. Today is no different. Just check out this link to CNN. Today's Islamic Special was even worst in that we got to see young children injured and killed.

So why is this going on? Why is Islam the source of so many abominations in the world today? Because the religion itself is abominable. This offends you? It shouldn't. Let me ask you:

"Was the Nazi regime not an abomination on the Earth in the 1940s?"

I'm sure most of you will answer: "Yes!"

Well then, why were the Nazis an abomination? Because they sought power through the conquest of the world? Because they desired the extermination of Israel and the Jewish people? Because they denied basic rights and freedoms in order to have "powerful" leadership? If you answered yes to these three questions, then by your own reasoning, Islam is an abomination; for they have the exact same goals and tactics.

Some of you will say to me:

"Oh, no! Islam is a religion of peace. I know muslims and they are kind people."

Sure, of course there are moderates, and moderate Muslims are like moderate Christians...they are hypocrites. According to the Bible, a Christian ought to:

"Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second [is] like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." (Matthew 22: 37-40)

This is the aim of a Christian fundamentalist. A Christian moderate, on the other hand, would love God, but would put his family first. A Christian moderate would love his neighbour, but would look out for himself first. The same way, a Muslim moderate doesn't pay any mind to passages in the Koran like...

"Whoso fighteth in the way of allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him we shall bestow a vast reward." (sura 4:74)

"But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); But if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them: For God is Oft-forgiving, most Merciful." (sura 9:5)

...but I guarantee you, the Muslim fundamentalist pays much attention to such passages.

You see my dear readers, when judging the fruits of any philosophy, religion or political system, one must use the fundamentalist as the standard; for the fundamentalist is the one who wants to live out, to the maximum, what the philosophy/religion/political system is all about. When it comes to moderates on the other hand, you'll be hard-pressed to find 2 moderates who agree with each other because, as hypocrites, each one of them will compromise where they want, in order to excuse a behaviour or attitude that is contrary to the philosophy/religion/political system.

Islam, fundamentally, is THE PROBLEM of the world today. And I fear we are committing the same error our great-grandparents and our grandparents committed in the 1930s, when they chose to deal with Nazi Germany through diplomacy, rather than through force. And just like in those days, I believe the time will come (probably sooner than later) when the Free World will once again take part in a Great War, to stomp out the wickedness of Islam. Unlike in WWII though, Muslims are everywhere, not just in one particular country, which means we may be looking at a very dirty, and drawn out war.

This may all seem very pessimistic to you, but it's how I see things developing. I fear for my children; the kind of world they will be growing up in. If war should come, will my children take part in such a terrible event?

Oh Lord, as your promise of war and rumours or war is being fulfilled, make this verse a reality in my life:

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14:27)