<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Angels - part II

Sunday, February 06, 2005
Remember them...they're around...

I agree with both comments made by Joe, and Michael, but probably with Michael in particular. Though I admit that there is a lot on the subject of angels that isn't 100% clear in Scripture, I believe that biblical Christianity, for the most part, ignore the angelic host and their ministries both in Heaven and on Earth. Personally, I believe it is a mistake to ignore these beings, they have much to do in our lives, and I believe we can keep them in mind without turning "new agee" or making idols of them.

Consider the Scriptures:

"But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool? Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?" (Hebrews 1:13-14)

Angels serve God's elect! This verse seems to make clear, Christians have guardian angels.

"For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels." (1 Corinthians 11:10)

Ah yes! the touchy subject of head coverings. The context of 1 Corinthians 11 is the proper conduct of men and women in the church service. The passage makes it clear that a man is not to have his head covered, and the woman is to have her head covered. The main reason for this prescription: "because of the angels". You see, we read in verse 3: "But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God." The angels are there in our church meetings looking into our worship, seeing our faithfulness in biblical principles, or our ignorance in the affairs of faith.

BTW, that's is why my wife wears a head covering a church.

"Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow. Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into." (1 Peter 1:10-12)

Angels study us. More specifically, God's working in us. Remembering that this is taking place, brothers and sisters, should we not live more holy?

"Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares." (Hebrews 13:2)

Combining this verse to the various portions of Scripture in the Old Testament and the book of Revelation speaking of the manifold work of angels, I believe that there are angels in the world today; yes, in human form. I very much doubt any believer will ever learn of the fact he/she has been in the company of an angel, but I'm sure it happens.


Finally, let me be clear: I DON'T THINK CHRISTIANS OUT TO PUT UNDO EMPHASIS ON ANGELS. But turning a blind eye, in my opinion, is a foolish mistake.

Again, my friends, my 0.02$