<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Welcome!!!

Wednesday, February 23, 2005
new and improved...I hope...

Well, here it is, Rand's new home in cyberspace.

You'll notice that it is not all that different from"A Pattern of Sound Words" in layout, but I did tweak the template quite a bit. As I mentioned in the past, I am NOT a computer geek by any stretch of the imagination, so this HTML and JavaScript stuff was quite an education, and A WHOLE LOT OF WORK. So whatever you do, be kind in your critiques of "A Form of Sound Words".

And yes, I've gone King James Version with the title of my blog. That was actually my primary reason for the whole blog upheaval. You see, I'm one of those "holier than thou" (Rand rolls his eyes here) KJV readers who really believes that the KJV is the better translation of the Bible, and that the modern versions are, for the most part poor translation. Some I would even qualify as perVERSIONS (hee hee...I love that one!).

My convictions towards Bible versions isn't anything new. I've been a KJV guy for years now. So why did I call my first blog "A Pattern of Sound Words"? It was a mistake...LOL. When came the time to pick a title for my blog, without looking up the verse in 2 Timothy, I chose "A Pattern of Sound Words" thinking that it was the KJV. A few months later, my pastor asked me why I used the New King James Version for my blog's title. My answer: Doh!!! You see, I used to use the NKJV (still do occasionally during my studies), so I guess "pattern" got stuck in my head and "form" did not.

I know what some of you are thinking: "pattern", "form", what's the difference in the end? There is no difference. Both translations are accurate and good. So why the big switch over something that is of no consequence? Because I want to make my support of the KJV absolutely clear, and I thought that a guy who loves the KJV shouldn't have a website that has a title that is from the NKJV.

Why I prefer the KJV is an important topic that I hope to address in the next few days so stay tuned...


(Now just to be clear: I am not a Ruckmanite. That is, I am not a KJV-only as in: "if you're not saved KJV, you're not saved at all!" I am KJV-only as in: "I only use the KJV for my devotions and for church services/Sunday school." So don't throw me in with people like Ruckman, Hyles, and Riplinger.)