<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

My Decision

Sunday, March 26, 2006
this blog glorifies God...

Well, I've made my decision. In this post, I asked you all what I should do about homepage links in the comment box that direct my readers to ungodly webpages (romanist, queer, left-wing wack-o... etc). I thank all my brothers and sisters in the Lord who commented with profitable suggested: PB, Pearl, Pat, Doug, Pete, and Allan. An honorable mention goes out to John D also, who, while an atheist, gave me, what I consider, good counsel. It is Pearl and John D who have most influenced my thinking.

Indeed, I want to post my views on various issues here in an attempt to edify God's people, and I would love the opportunity to answer the questions of honest Truth seekers. The problem is that we have regular commentors here which are anything but honest Truth seekers, and while answering the occasional nay-sayer is alright, their constant nagging usually ends up aggravating me. Then we have the HOMEPAGE link which acts like free advertising for their wicked views, and that ON MY VERY OWN BLOG!

So my decision is clear: no more links to sites that are antagonistic to the views of A Form Of Sound Words. I considered removing the HOMEPAGE link completely, but I do want to offer my brothers and sisters a chance to promote their sites. I also considered Jake's contention about not always being able to remove HOMEPAGE links when posting a comment, that is why I will assume complete responsibility in editing all comments on my blog.

Also, be advised that my commenting rules will be more vigorously enforced. Debates, apologetics, contentions from commetors that oppose the standard of this blog will be deleted and repeat offenders will be banned. It won't be a "three strikes, you're out", it will be "do once, get deleted... do twice, get banned". If these rules seem unreasonable to any of you, so long, and have a great life. This blog's purpose is to glorify God and to be a blessing to God's people; not to be a center for useless, profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of knowledge falsely so-called. (1 Timothy 6:20)

I apologize if this post sounds a bit austere, my goal is to be as clear as possible so that there is no misunderstanding. In the end, I'm sure my Christian brothers and sisters will have no problem with any of this, and I am sure I will be criticized by my opponents.

So be it.


Rand

Labels: