<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Friday, March 10, 2006
feeling kind of dopey...

Yet another Friday night of street Gospel preaching in the books. My pastor and I were at our usual station, with our usual Message, for our usual amount of time. My pastor passed out a record amount of Bible tracts tonight and we had a few one-on-one conversations (nothing too promising though).

There were a lot more people out tonight than last week, but despite the higher numbers, it was a pretty "quiet" night. Quiet as in no one gave us a hard time, which is good, but also, quiet as in no one was overly interested in our preaching. Seeing souls violently and spitefully rejecting the Gospel isn't good, but seeing souls remain indifferent to the Good News is pretty disturbing too.

Oh! there were a few mockers, and those who shouted at us in an attempt to silence us, but these were few in number tonight. There were also an even smaller minority who encouraged us and thanked us for our labouring. I don't know how to rate this night of preaching really, but I do believe the Lord was glorified by our work.

One thing is for sure, I was really dopey tonight. A cold virus has been affecting my youngest son and my wife these last couple of days, and it looks like I'm getting it now too. I also had a long and busy week at work which really wore me out. These two factors may very well explain why I wasn't very sharp tonight. Oh well, a dopey Gospel preacher is better than no preacher at all I suppose.

Tonight's key moments:

- I was told by a young man not to "push my religion" on others. I answered: "I'm not pushing, I'm preaching." I then smiled and winked. The young man left.

- Another young man came over and tried to justify his sinful behaviour with the old God-made-me-this-way-so-I'm-alright" philosophy. I didn't waste too much time with this poor fool, since it was clear he was just looking to justify himself. I made sure to remind him though that his wicked behaviour was his own, God never FORCED him to do anything he didn't want to do.

"He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy." (Proverbs 28:13)

- A group of four men came over as I was standing on a street corner with a Gospel sign. Three of them mocked me at every chance they got, but there was one fellow who asked a couple of good, honest questions. It was clear, by his countenance, that he was embarrassed by his friends' disrespect. He even apologized for their wickedness. I will be praying for this soul.

And that's it for tonight, dear readers. I'm going to have a quick midnight snack... and then off to bed. Have a good weekend, and especially, a blessed Lord's Day.


Rand