<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, March 04, 2006
the Word on the street...

Yes, finally made it back to our street corner for a good 3 hours of open-air Gospel preaching. My pastor and I were out tonight, and things went as well as they could. I can't say things went well, for if they had truly gone well, I would report to you tonight of someone's conversion or sanctification, but alas, no such event.

Tonight was a quiet enough night in the marketplace; the crowds were much smaller than what we had been seeing of late (praise God). The weather wasn't all that cold, but there was a nasty enough wind that kept us from walking around with our Gospel signs. With the smaller crowds, fewer tracts were handed out, and we didn't have too many one-on-one conversations.

However I did speak, in the opening half hour, to a fellow named Niles. We had a good conversation on the Gospel and the logic and importance of seeking God through reading the Bible. His conclusion, after our conversation: "Hmm... you know, I really should get a Bible tomorrow and start reading." Brothers and sisters, let us pray that he does just that!

"So then faith cometh by hearing (or reading), and hearing (or reading) by the word of God." (Romans 10:17)

We also came by some interesting news tonight. Remember that drunk man who punched me last August, and has been breathing threats against us over the last few weeks? Well, he won't be bothering us for awhile. I learned from one of his friends that a few days ago, he was begging for change near the liquor store, hoping to get enough change to buy himself some cheap booze. Well, the liquor store was about to close and he didn't have enough money, so he decided to assault an elderly man. Using the elderly man's cane, the drunkard beat the old man severely and stole his wallet. Before our adversary could get away with his crime though, the police arrived and arrested him. He is presently in jail and the word on the street is that he will be there for some time. The Lord have mercy on his soul.

"For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil." (Romans 13:3-4)

Oh yeah... I almost forgot: "I'm a very sick man".

That was the diagnosis which a cigarette smoking, dyed haired, lesbian handed to me tonight. I didn't say one word, I just offered a Gospel tract entitled "God, Jesus Christ and You", and that was her response. Yesssir! A full-time lab technician, father-of-three, faithful husband-of-one, Christian man who spends his Friday nights spreading the message of repentance and faith in Christ Jesus.

What a sick-o I am.

With that, I bid you all goodnight, dear readers. It's been a long week, a long night. I'm off to bed. Take care and God bless you all.


Rand