<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

My Mistake

Thursday, April 06, 2006
I should have known better...

I'm afraid I have made a little... okay... a big, boo-boo. I actually linked a site under "Christian blogs" that wasn't Christian at all. Don't bother looking for it, I've taken it down already.

The blog was none other than "Puritan Belief". If you are shocked, believe me, so am I. I have had several communications with PB via e-mail and had visited his blog frequently, and my impression was always the same: "here's a classic Puritan." Problem is, PB isn't a Puritan, nor is he a believer in the God of the Puritans.


What is God?


God is Spirit (Jn. 4:24), infinite (Job 11:7), eternal (Ps. 90:2; 1 Tim. 1:17), and unchangeable (Jas. 1:17) in his being (Exod. 3:14), wisdom, power (Ps. 147:5), holiness (Rev. 4:8), justice, goodness and truth (Exod. 34:6-7).


Are there more Gods than one?


There is but one only (Deut. 6:4), the living and true God (Jer. 10:10).


How many persons are there in the Godhead?


There are three persons in the Godhead, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one God, the same in essence, equal in power and glory (1 Jn. 5:7; Matt. 28:19).

A Puritan Catechism (compiled by C.H. Spurgeon)


Believe it or not, it is the last answer of the above excerpt that PB rejects. Yes, PB is a unitarian, he rejects the doctrine of the Trinity. I have been so busy that last few days, I hadn't taken any time to look closely at his last post, and more precisely, the comment box of his last post, in which PB's unscriptural view on the Godhead was revealed.

Now, while PB could have been far more forthcoming about his unorthodox "puritanism", the fault in linking him was all my own. I was quite hasty in my decision to link his site (if memory serves, I linked him after but one or two weeks), and that turned out to be a serious mistake. I apologize to all my readers. For the record, I have turned down far more "link requests" than I have granted, and those who were linked, were usually scrutinized over several weeks (as in more than two or three).

So, to summarize:

-Rand eats a slice of humble pie, and admits, on the record, that he was stupid.

-PB is not a Christian, and needs to come to the knowledge of the Truth; which, of course, includes the Doctrine of the Trinity (Matthew 3:16-17; John 14:26).

-If you request a link on this blog, be sure you are conformed to this blogger's faith, and be aware that I will be taking my time in determining whether we are one in faith or not.


Rand