<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Bible Camp

Sunday, July 23, 2006
what a blessing...

What a busy, blessed week!

From Monday to Friday, we were roughly 1 hour away from home, at a camp site with our church family. Every day was sunny and nice, and we took advantage of the good weather! We had good clean fun, enjoying God's creation, as well as enjoying each other's company.

The week wasn't all play though, it was first and foremost, a spiritual retreat, meant to refresh us and revive us. We had a brother from North Carolina named David Morris come up to preach the Word to us in the evening, and our head pastor preached in the morning. Brother Morris preached mostly from Song of Solomon (an often neglected book of the Bible), and Pastor Tom preached from 2 Chronicles 7:14. The preaching was real good.

We also worked on Scripture memorization this week. We memorized Psalm 85, and then we had a "friendly" competition on Friday morning, seeing who could recite the Psalm without error. In the end, only two were able to recite Psalm 85 without error. I got 11 verses on 13 right, and my wife... mwahahaahahahaha... got 10!

Wooohoooo!!!!

She beat me in all the past competitions, but not this year! Not that I'm gloating or anything... erm... yeah... hmmm...

We made our way back home on Friday afternoon where a lot of work awaited me. I had to prepare a sermon for the Sunday evening service, so all of Friday night and Saturday was devoted to Bible study. The Lord guided me through the material and I had my sermon completed early Saturday night.

It is now Sunday night, my sermon has been preached, and I am preparing to head back to work tomorrow.

What a week!


Rand

Ps: Here is a picture of my children with Marcel, a brother-in-the-Lord, just outside our cabin.