<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Saturday Morning Notes

Saturday, November 17, 2007
a much sweeter crowd...

Pastor Tim and I picked up our Bible signs this morning and for the second time in less than 12 hours, went to proclaim the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. This time we didn't head for the marketplace, but rather to the Santa Clause parade.

Every year, our city organizes a Santa Clause parade, which is filled with all sorts of Christmas themes, with one clear exception: no Jesus. So we make it a point to bring the Gospel to their godless parade. Armed with Bible signs which speak of God's gift to sinners, we walk ahead of the parade (at least 5 minutes ahead), and let the people read the Word of God, which is living and powerful.

While we still had our detractors, generally, we were very well received by the thousands of families out to watch the parade. On several occasions we heard "thank you" and "God bless", and many parents read the signs for their children. That was good. Even "Santa" when he saw our signs, looked at us directly and said:

"Merry Christmas and God bless you guys!"

I also had a chance to be a witness to the city mayor. We often see the mayor walking his dog in the marketplace on Friday night, so he is very much aware of us. So, when he walked by, waving and wishing the people "Merry Christmas" (he was in the parade), he got a glimpse of my Bible sign, looked directly at me and waved at me. I waved back and got a "thumbs up" from him.

I must say, I could really get used to this kind of evangelism. LOL.

The Lord use our evangelistic effort as He sees fit, and may He get all the glory and honour.

Amen.


Rand

Labels: