<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, December 19, 2009
oh yeah... winter is here!!!


I may have said that the temperature was cold last week, but it was down right balmy compared to tonight. It dipped down to -16 Celsius (or 3 Fahrenheit, for my American readers), and there was no mistaking: winter has arrived in Canada! Pastor Tim jokingly said: "Well... just 4 months 'till Spring!"

The cold weather undoubtedly was to blame for the low traffic in the marketplace tonight. Christmas shopping and get-togethers usually draws many, many souls in the market, but not this time around. We preached the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ to a few hundreds of people, but no more than that. All and all, it was a quiet night of evangelism.

A number of souls however heard something of our preaching, nearly everyone who walked by us read the Bible signs we were carrying, very few took a Bible tract. There were a few mockers, a couple of Christians had kind words for us, and we had a bit of fun with a city bylaw officer (no really... it was all fun and games). Nothing really bad to report... but then again, nothing really good to report either. Oh! that the Lord would cause a great spiritual awakening in my city/country! How I would joy in writing a post on how the Lord worked salvation and sanctification through the preaching of His Word on the streets of the capital!

The Lord's will be done.

There was a sweet moment in the middle of our three hours of preaching: a young lady who works in a restaurant near our preaching spot listened attentively to my preaching as she was outside having a cigarette. Once her smoking break was done, she made her away across the street toward me and said:

"It's pretty cold tonight... I work at the restaurant across the street... could I get you a cup of coffee?"

My heart melted (such kindnesses toward us are few and far between). I told her that I was alright, but thanked her repeatedly for her empathy and kindness toward me. She walked away without saying a word, I let a "Merry Christmas!" out before she went back into the restaurant. The Lord be merciful unto this young lady.

"Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy." (Matthew 5:7)

After that sweet moment, there was a ridiculously funny one. A man walked by Pastor Tim as he preached about sin nature and total depravity of all men. With a smug look on his face, the man turned to me and said:

"I don't sin, I'm human."

I laughed. He didn't stick around so I was unable to help the poor soul understand that he was indeed both human, and a professional sinner. Poor soul.

And on that note, I'll close this edition of the Friday Night Notes. Please note that for the next two weeks, there may not be any evangelism reports since my family and I will be visiting family on both Christmas day, and New Year's. If the Lord opens a door for me to do some evangelism over the next two weeks, I'll be sure to give you all word of it!

Dear readers, have a blessed Christmas Season, remember the Lord Jesus Christ and be safe in your travels.

God bless you all!


Rand

Labels: