<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, October 08, 2011
oh... what a night...




Lots went on tonight... it had been over two weeks since my last street preaching endeavour, so it was good for me to get back at it. Pastor Tim and I, as is our custom, made our way to the market with our Bible signs and Gospel tracts and proclaimed the Gospel to sinners who were out to play in the pubs and shops. There was no shortage of lost souls tonight; the market was packed with people, especially from 7-9 pm.

We had a few promising one-on-one conversations with souls who were interested in our work. A Frenchman named Serge spoke to us, asking us intelligent questions and showing some interest in the Scriptures. Pastor Tim also spoke at length with a couple of men who wanted to know why we were preaching in the market (I was a spectator to that conversation... did Pastor Tim ever reason well with them!).

With the good however, came a lot of bad. We had a number of unprofitable conversations, with our weekly dose of mockery and scorn. One young man, while walking by my Bible sign said: "Why don't you just make up your own quotes?" I replied with: "Like everyone else does these days?" Reminded me of Judges 17:6... "every man did that which was right in his own eyes."

The mocking guitar player was there again, and he was as vile as ever. Actually, this time, he was worse, since he didn't just disrespect us, he intimidated and bullied another guitar player (this one was a woman) who had set up shop where he wanted to play. Pastor Tim and I were incensed. We both prayed and tried to keep our cool, but when the woman took off, having had enough of being badgered, Pastor Tim high sense of honour moved him to action.

"You just really showed off what a little, gutless man you truly are!" he said while walking toward the wicked musician.

"You better watch your mouth, or I'll..." the guitar player said while getting into the preacher's face.

I was a fair distance away when all this was being said and done, but thank the Lord, things didn't go any further. The good preacher stood his ground and the wicked soul walked away cursing and swearing. We both figured that Pastor Tim's attempt to shame him was a total waste of time, but an hour after all this took place, the young woman, the other guitar player, walked by us and told us that the bully apologized to her.

There may yet be hope, dear readers!

On my way back home, after three hours of evangelism, I met up with the Open-Air Campaigners a few blocks away from where Pastor Tim and I were preaching. It was good to speak with and encourage the brothers in their work. Brother Paul of The Word Street Journal was lending a helping hand to the Campaigners tonight, and graciously offered to give me a ride back home. We had great time of fellowship on that short drive, and I am grateful to the Lord working that out!

That's all I have for tonight, dear readers... please remember us in your prayers, dear saints.


Rand

Labels:

2:43 AM
  • At 9:19 PM, Blogger Paul Latour said…

    The pleasure was all mine, brother. And thanks for the post. I really enjoyed reading of your experience last Friday night. As you can imagine, I can relate. Continued blessings and grace to both you and Pastor Tim.

    CHRIST IS KING!

    In His Royal Service,

    Paul

     
  • Post a Comment  
    Permalink