<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, August 25, 2012
crazy tired... but soldiering on...

It was a rough week health-wise, and I was tempted to skip out on our night of evangelism, but the Lord gave me a little boost.  By His grace, Pastor Tim and I went out to the market for a couple of hours of open-air evangelism.

The market was extremely busy with hundreds and hundreds of souls walking to and fro.  With the Universities set to begin the Fall semesters, the marketplace is only going to get busier and louder.  It's a great evangelistic opportunity, but I must admit that it saddens me greatly to watch so many young men and women running around from pub to pub, chasing all manner of sin and unrighteousness.  The blasphemy that often comes out of the mouth of these souls is also quite distressing.  Just tonight, one young man walked up to me, in quite a threatening way, and shouted "F### Jesus!"  I warned him that he would one day seriously regret these wicked words, but to no avail.

I also had a sad conversation with a young Jewish lady.  When I offered to give her a short Bible message, she declined, citing that she was Jewish.  I replied: "Well, you're not really a good Jew."  She looked at me with a shocked look on her face and asked what I based my conclusion on.  "It's Friday evening (Sabbath), and you're up to no good in the market."  She didn't talk back at all, but just walked away.  The Lord have mercy on her.

Pastor Tim had a long conversation with a young Christian couple who had recently converted.  They were a real encouragement to him.  He really enjoyed conversing with them.

We didn't give out too many Bible tracts tonight, considering the number of people walking the streets.  That said, lots and lots of people heard the Gospel preached, and many read our Bible signs.  The Lord use all this to save His elect, and harden the wicked as He sees fit.  To Him be glory forever and ever.

Amen.


Rand