<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, June 09, 2012
tired... but still kicking...



It was a busy end to a busy week.  I worked a good 10-hour day in the lab, and then made my way to Pastor Tim's house.  I was pretty tired, but I didn't want to go another couple of weeks without doing the important work of an evangelist.  Praise be to God who gave me the strength and ability to proclaim His Holy Word to hundreds and hundreds of lost sinners, and that, for a couple of hours.

There was no shortage of folly and wickedness in the market tonight.  Pastor Tim and I, both with Bible signs in hand, really, really stood out!  There were a number of "hail Satan!", as well as "There is no God!", when wicked souls walked by us, but we persevered and preached the Gospel of Truth that could save our listeners from the bondage of sin.

We gave out a fair number of Bible tracts and has a few one-on-one conversations with sinners.  One that stands out to me right now was a group of three young ladies from South Carolina.  It was said that one of them was a "serious Christian" who went to church every Sunday.  Problem was that this "serious Christian" was dressed very, very immodestly.  I asked her where she went to church and said: "Well, I know that they're extreme, but I go to a Southern Baptist Church."  I really tried not to laugh, but I couldn't help but giggle a bit.  If she figures her Southern Baptist Church is extreme, imagine what she'd think of me!

I also spoke to a Romanist who stopped in front of me to read my John 3:36 sign.  After reading the verse, I asked him if he had life, or if God's wrath abode on him.  He told me that he was "good" and that "St-Bridget would save him."  Ah! Romanism... what a mess.

A short time later, a woman walked by me and said: "Bless you for what you are doing!"  She was truly lovely.  The man who accompanied her (likely her husband) was also quite handsome.  Their appearance was so different from the people around them.  I have observed in the past, that sin often has a devastating effect on people's overall demeanor and appearance.  It was quite a contrast... the steady flow of sin-hardened faces walking by, and then these two lovely souls that just seemed to shine God's grace and love.

As I prepared to leave for home, about half-an-hour later, the woman who blessed me came by again and asked me if she could get me a coffee or some other refreshment.  I told her that I was just about to pack it in for the night, but that I truly appreciated her kindness.  The Lord bless these two souls.

On my way home, I ran into Brother Layton of the Open-Air Campaigners.  I was really happy to see him.  Brother Layton had been quite sick and was unable to evangelize as much as he would have liked over the last few weeks.  The brother isn't out of the woods yet, he is being treated for a pretty serious health condition, and his treatment is a year long.  Please, remember Brother Layton in your prayers, dear saints.

With that, I'm turning in.  Hope you all have a safe and blessed weekend, dear readers.  The Lord bless you!

Rand