<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, March 24, 2012
back!!!

After a month of continual upheavals, it was good to be back downtown, proclaiming the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. I would categorize my overall health (and my wife's) as improving, but still rather fragile, so I'm easing my way back in. I lasted roughly two hours, and at that point, I knew it was time to go home.

The marketplace is beginning to get busier. With the week of above seasonal temperatures that we just experienced here, the streets of the market have filled with a steady flow of people heading to restaurants and bars; giving us the opportunity to share the Gospel with many souls.

Sadly though, most of the souls we ministered to were quite hostile toward the Lord and His Word. There were very few conversations, and I handed few Bible tracts (though Pastor Tim mentioned that he had given out a fair number). Most grimaced as they read our Bible signs, other mocked, and a few lifted up their nose at us, insulted that we would dare to point out their need of the Gospel. These are dark days in Canada. The Lord have mercy.

Tonight was the first time that I can remember when we didn't bring our 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 Bible sign with us. My hope was that we wouldn't have to deal with insulted sinners kicking down our sign tonight. In its place we brought another sign which had John 3:16 on one side, and John 14:7 on the other. We left the sign for less than 10 minutes, and it was kicked to the ground. Did I not say it was dark days?

There was a bit of good however. Just like the last time I was out street preaching, I met a couple of Arab Christians who blessed me greatly with words of encouragement. It's always good to see that the Gospel is powerful enough to break the spiritual chains of Islam.

With that, I'm off to bed. Again, I thank all of you who have been praying for us over the last few weeks. Your support over the last few weeks were a real blessing. Lord willing, things will begin to get back to normal soon...

God bless you, dear readers.


Rand

Labels: