<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

(Short) Friday Night Notes

Saturday, January 28, 2012
helping mass specs, and sinners...


I had my jacket, my boots, and my gloves on. I was on my way downtown straight from work for our night of evangelism. However, I just couldn't go without having one more look at the lab, to make sure everything was in order. I wasn't in the lab two seconds, and my gloves and jacket came off. The instruments in the picture to the left were not behaving at all. It took me two extra hours to get everything patched up.

Throughout that extra two hours, I regularly tried to reach Pastor Tim by phone, but there was no answer. Seems we got our signals crossed, he assumed I wasn't available for evangelism tonight, so he planned a couple of personal visits (which is why there was no answer at his house). It was 8:30pm when I finally left my work, and not wanting to go a whole two weeks without an evangelism report for you, dear readers, I made my way to the market. I always keep a stack of Bible tracts in my coat pocket, so I had some equipment with me for evangelism.

I found a street which had a steady flow of people and started offering tracts to those who walked by. I was surprised at how many tracts I gave out in an hour. The flow of people was pretty steady (there were a lot of hockey fans in the market tonight... my city is hosting the NHL All-Star Game this weekend). I even found myself offering a tract to François Gagnon, a sports writer and TV analyst for the Montreal Canadiens; sadly, he turned down my offer.

Nothing much else to report. I was glad that I was at least able to hand out some tracts and not have totally lost my Friday night of evangelism. Hopefully, next week, the good preacher and I will be at our post, proclaiming the Gospel of Peace to a very wicked, lost generation.

Remember us in your prayers, dear saints.

Rand

Labels: