<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, September 01, 2012
wanting God out of the public place...

It's hard to stay positive or optimistic when one has seen the things I have in the last week.  Last Lord's Day afternoon was the cursed Pride Parade in my city, and Pastor Tim, Brother Rod and I were there with our Bible signs, reminding the wicked that God was watching, and will judge.  I didn't write a report because it was too depressing and I felt the wicked parade had ruined my Lord's Day enough.  Looking back on it now, and having just finished a three hour stint, preaching the Gospel of Christ in the marketplace, well, I have to say that it's hard to be a "glass-half-full" kind of guy.

Thinking back on the various things that were said and done to us last Sunday and tonight, I'm reminded of Paul Washer's warning that the believer's persecution is rarely noble.  Boy, can I confirm his statement.  I'm praying for an awakening, but more and more, I find myself preparing for the worse, if not consciously, then unconsciously.

While all manner of vile immorality and blasphemy is par for the course at the sodomite parade, the wicked spectacle does seem to get worse with every passing year.  For example, there are young children walking in the parade now.  A few feet ahead are men in leather thongs.  A few feet behind a small group of female strippers.  And right there in the middle... young children.  It is now backward and intolerant to even suggest that children taking part in a celebration of sexuality is immoral.  Businesses, banks, politicians, the police, the military... all of them taking part in the wickedness, and looking at us like we were the scum of the earth.

Every passing Friday night of evangelism isn't getting any better either.  I was amazed tonight at how many sinners made it a point to come by only to make it clear that they wanted us, our Bible signs and ultimately, our God out of the public place.  For example, a young lady came up to me, removed her iPod earphones, and charged me with "forcing my religion on her" for simply offering her a Bible tract.  An Italian fellow named Rocco came by to try to explain to me that while I was a "good guy", ultimately, I was stupid in my evangelistic method; I was, in his words, just annoying people with the Bible... it was best for me to leave and do some work at a soup kitchen or something.  Another fellow came by just to affirm that his god was winning: "Satan is winning, you stupid ####!"  The only reaction from the general public I got from that one was a young lady behind me, who simply took the Lord's Name in vain: "jeeeesuss!"

Speaking of the general public, things are pretty miserable there too.  I watched a young man named Steve, so drunk that he couldn't walk, or even stand.  Another young man came by to ask me where the strip club was, even after seeing my Bible sign, and he really didn't see anything wrong with that.  My personal favorite however came late in the evening when a man claiming to be a Christian read my John 3:36 sign and then asked: "Who's the Son?"

"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?" (Psalm 11:3)

I know and have faith that the Lord can turn things around, but to quote Han Solo: "I got a bad feeling about this."


Rand
3:13 AM
  • At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Cathy said…

    Hi, Brother! I can't begin to imagine how hard it is for you out there in the marketplace. We're praying for you. I know God is working, and will continue to work.

     
  • Post a Comment  
    Permalink