<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, June 22, 2013
a good night...


Well, the first official day of summer didn't disappoint.  It's been a cool, wet spring in my little part of the world; and that kept a lot of people away from the market and the downtown core on Friday evenings.  Tonight it was warm and dry, and thousands of souls were walking the streets of the marketplace, and God's messengers were at their post.  Brothers Paul and Denis of Emmanuel Baptist Church manned a street corner, Brother Layton and his Open-Air Campaigners were at their usual spot near the mall, and Pastor Tim and I were at our post in the heart of the market.

We handed out a lot of tracts tonight, and I've had 4-5 one-on-one conversations with sinners and I have to say that all of them seemed profitable.  At least three of the souls I dealt with insisted on shaking my hand before leaving (always a good thing... better than a slap or an punch!).  No one tried to smash our Bible signs, and no one attempted to hinder our work.  Praise God!

One of the souls I dealt with was a young man named Matthew.  He said he was an agnostic, but that he had "a lot of respect" for religion.  We spoke of the Scriptures and I encouraged him to study God's Word.  I briefly shared the Gospel with him and I think I surprised him with the reasonableness of my positions.  Before leaving, he took one of by Bible tracts, shook my hand and thanked me to have taken the time to answer his questions.

I also spoke to an atheist named Kevin; a young man obviously under the influence of alcohol.  He had questions, and he was quite respectful, but the bottom line was this: he had no faith.  So, if he remembers any of conversation tomorrow morning, he'll be a little less stupid when it comes to Christian doctrine, but he really didn't have any time for the mere concept of God.  That said, Kevin never mocked or belittled my answers.  He also took a tract and shook my hand before leaving.  The Lord open his eyes, that he may see that the Lord is good.

The only way things could have been better tonight is if the Lord had dramatically saved someone right there, on the spot.  I couldn't believe just how many souls accepted Gospel literature, and/or wanted to talk about the Way.  The Lord gave me ability to answer the questions that were directed at me and on more than one occasion, I could tell that my answers resonated with the people I dealt with.  I hope and pray that the Lord will use our work tonight to save and sanctify His lost sheep.

May He be glorified, now and forever.

Amen.


Rand