<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Ministry Notes

Sunday, October 24, 2004
plus a few more things...

It had been 2 weeks since I went out preaching, so it took me a bit longer to get warmed up (in every possible sense of the word...it's getting cold in Canada).

When I first arrived to the spot in the marketplace where we usually preach, I heard someone calling my name. I then saw 3 young fellows walking in my direction. I recognized one of the men as they drew closer, it was the son of one of my neighbours (back when I lived at my aunts place). When all three got within a couple of feet from me, that's when I recognized the man who had called out to me; it was my cousin!

I hadn't seen him in a couple of years, and he changed his "look" quite a bit, so I have an excuse (watch my wife is blame this on my age...argh!). Anyway, there we were, me preaching the Word, and him going out drinking with a couple of his buddies. And I know he felt some conviction, 'cause he saw me leave drunkenness to return to the Lord. I hope and pray that the Lord will use our encounter to bring him spiritual life.

Other than that, it was a quiet night. I spent about 30 minutes contending for the faith with a couple of guys who thought the Bible was nothing but a collection of historical fantasies. I believe I presented the Truth well, but the Spirit definitely wasn't working right at that particular moment (just goes to prove 1 Corinthians 2:14). Anyway, they left thanking me for my time, so it was good.

Some other notes:

We'll be getting back to our scenarios now. Twinklemoose (my better half) will be handling the next scenario. Remember to read the post entitled Separation, it'll avoid confusion as to what is going on.

Oh, and by the way, Joe Missionary put an excellent post on the way many believers misuse the old "in Jesus' name amen", please drop by his blog and read it. I preached on this subject last year at our church because I believe it is a serious problem in the prayer life of many of God's people.

On that note, dear readers, God bless you,

Rand