<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Superman

Monday, October 11, 2004
not so super, I'm afraid...


Some of my posts have been unpopular and I'm afraid this one will probably fit in that category.

Visiting many of my favorite websites today, most had some kind words to say about Christopher Reeve, who died this weekend. Most called him an inspiration, and a good man. Now I know that it is customary to speak well of the deceased, but I really feel I need to make this clarification to all those posts and comments I read today.

First, please check out this Reuters article .

Christopher Reeve was THE HOLLYWOOD VOICE FOR EMBRYONIC STEM CELL RESEARCH. For those of you who are not too knowledgeable in the subject of embryonic stem cells and other biotechnologies, you can check this past post. In short, Mr. Reeve supported infanticide to develop cures for spinal injuries and other diseases.

The fact of the matter is, though I lament Mr. Reeve dying at such a young age, after going through so much adversity, HE WAS NOT A GOOD MAN. And having died in his sins, HE IS NOT RESTING IN PEACE. Does not the Bible say:

"There is no peace, saith the LORD, unto the wicked." (Isaiah 48:22)

I'm sorry if all this seems harsh, but as a Christian, I feel that it is important to be truthful. Even when the truth isn't too popular.

Peace,