<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, October 30, 2004
The lone ranger lives to fight another day...

Well, I just got back from downtown just now. It was a quiet night preaching out there, and I'm kind of glad. I was by myself tonight (my pastor was working on his sermons, and the fellow who usually comes out with me had a prior engagement). It's a little intimidating when you're the only clear believer in an "ocean" of lost souls, but the Spirit gave me the words to share and I managed to preach for close to 2 hours.

A small group of young believers (of the brethren type) came by to show some support which was nice, but they ended up becoming a bit of an irritation. They walked up to me when I was dealing with a woman who had been listening to my preaching for a few minutes. One of the young people joined the conversation trying to communicate the gospel to the woman. Now I had absolutely no objections to this, there was no pride in my heart, but the problem was, the woman couldn't care less about the gospel.

You see, when I present the gospel (or part of the gospel) to an unbeliever, if the response isn't favorable, I try to encourage them to seek the Bible and leave it at that. My reasoning is: "if the Spirit ain't working, it won't happen." Unfortunately, the young fellow who had jumped into our conversation didn't see things that way. He just kept trying and trying, using different verses, different arguments, different illustrations...but in the end, the woman didn't believe and had no intention of coming to the Truth.

At that point the woman bid us goodnight, and I left her with the verse: "Ye must be born again"... maybe the Spirit will get her thinking about that.

Other than that, it was a pretty uneventful night. I'm glad a lot of people heard the gospel though...who knows what the Lord will do!

With that, I'm going to bed!

God bless,