<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Dodged The Bullet

Monday, June 13, 2005
but still no fear...

My grandmother is out of hospital. Seems like all she had was a real nasty pneumonia (the infection caused spots to show up on an normal X-ray). Mind you, she still has a collapsed lung and this is "pneumonia # 3" in the last 6 months, so it's not like she's A-Okay. We can be thankful though that she is eating again, and breathing far more easily. The antibiotics seem to be taking care of the pneumonia, so my grandmother probably just bought herself some time.

I thank God for giving my grandmother this "extra time"; as long as there is life, there is hope. But I have to say, despite this close call, there isn't much fear (as in the fear of God) in her. As she was preparing to leave the hospital, she took the Lord's name in vain a half-dozen times while (pretty much at the same time) saying that "the Lord had taken good care of her." I tried my best to hide my aggravation.

Anyway, let's see what the Lord will do... I will definitely look for opportunities to be a witness for Christ to my dear grandmother.


"It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD." (Lamentation 3:26)


Rand