<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Saturday Morning Notes

Sunday, November 20, 2005
sorry, this post is late...

We didn't go out street preaching on Friday night. Instead, brother Laz and I went out to the Santa Clause Parade (notice I didn't call it the Christmas Parade), with a couple of John 3:16 Gospel signs.

All and all I have to say, that standing with the Gospel at this parade was far sweeter than at the "Pride parade" or any given Friday night for that matter. The crowd, composed mostly of young families, were for the most part quite sympathetic and friendly to our message. Several parents read John 3:16 to their kids which I thought was great. A few parents did their best to ignore the Gospel signs and their children's questions about them. Fewer still, but present nonetheless, outright lied to their kids saying that the signs were just saying Santa was coming; lying to your own children, parenting at it's best I tell ya!

There were other believers out at the parade who were passing out Gospel literature, so the Truth was truly proclaimed at this foolish and wicked parade. It was good to see old friends who worship at other churches, out and about, doing the Lord's work. There was one disappointment though: I ran into an old pastor friend of mine at the parade. Problem is, he wasn't there with the Gospel, he was with his kids, waiting for Santa. How sad is that?

On a final note, here's the DUMBEST statement I heard at the Santa Parade (it came from a young man after he had read my John 3:16 sign) :

-"I don't get the relevance?" he yelled.

He doesn't get the relevance? A verse about CHRIST, on CHRISTmas? I mean... yeah! what was I thinking!?!


Rand