<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, October 29, 2005
Lone Ranger lives to fight another day...

Indeed, I was "lone rangering" it tonight. My pastor and brother Laz were unable to make it out tonight, so I took a Gospel sign and went preaching all by my little lonesome. I preached and distributed Gospel literature for about 2.5 hours tonight. After that time, I was pretty cold and weary, so I called it a night.

All and all, tonight was a good night, in the sense that nothing terribly bad happened to me, and I did distribute a fair amount of Gospel literature, and even had some good conversations. While things didn't start off well (a man in a car pulled over next to me as I was making my way to my customary preaching spot, just to scream at me: "you stupid @#%$!"), but things settled down after that. The mocking and the hatred wasn't too grievous.

I ran into two work-colleagues tonight. The one man walked by me quickly, giving me a quick gesture (clearly, not wanting to be seen with me during my preaching), the other stopped and talked with me for several minutes. It wasn't the first time this "other" saw me preaching, but I was really surprised by his support. He kept saying: "it's good what you're doing Rand!" He even offered to watch over my Gospel sign so that I could get a warm coffee to warm myself. And this man is not a born-again believer! Anyway pray for this co-worker, that the Lord would richly bless him for his kindness towards me (and I can think of no greater blessing than to come to the knowledge of the Truth).

Then there were these two young ladies... oh you should have seen these two. They were dressed provocatively and were distributing ads for a local dance club. I called right out at them:

"You are distributing condemnation, young ladies!"

Somewhat shocked, they walked over to me. One of them asserted:

"Well, I'm a Christian!"

"No, you're not," I replied.

Her jaw dropped. I got the usual "how-dare-you", and the "you-don't-really-know-me", and the "I-go-to-church-all-the-time"... etc... etc. I answered:

"Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit." (Matthew 7:17)

I pointed at their clothe (or lack thereof), and I pointed at their pamphlets. Then I said:

"Bad fruit."

They charged me with false accusations, they promoted their warp view that God would accept them because "he accepts everyone" (oh! the nonsense!), they put up a pretty good somber and earnest act (and it was an act, they left giggling, and mocking me), but in the end, I totally didn't lose my cool. I answered all their nonsense with sensible and logical arguments and in the end, while they left mocking, they didn't have a reasonable leg to stand on as far as the merits of their views. I thank the Holy Spirit for not only giving me the words, but giving me the right attitude in dealing with these ladies. Please pray for Brianna and Samantha, they are very lost, and need the Saviour.

I guess those were the highlights, because I can't think of anything else right now. I guess that means it's bedtime...

Take care, dear readers,


Rand


PS: I know I haven't been blogging much lately. The reason is that my wife has been sick this week, so I had to play Mr. Mom for the kids, and in the little free time I had from that task, I had to work on a sermon for Sunday night. Oh! and add to that my workday at the lab! It's been quite a week. I hope to be a bit more regular in my posting in the future. Later.