<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Election Observations

Tuesday, January 03, 2006
no! the other "election"...

It's election time in Canada, and I'm not holding my breath for anything good to come of it. I mentioned it once, I mentioned it twice: Canada is broke, and by human effort, it can't be fixed. Our politicians are exceeding wicked men, vying to represent an exceeding wicked people. Without a Class A miracle from God, this is the Canada's end point:

"The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God." (Psalm 9:17)

While this is all too bad for my country and my fellow countrymen, I have learned to not get overly concerned about it all. I do my part to bring the Gospel of Truth to my fellow Canadians which God commands all saints to do, and after that I take comfort in the following:

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." (Matthew 1:21 - emphasis mine)

"And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?" (Daniel 4:35)

Why should I concern myself with the lies and schemes of wicked politicians and their dumb campaigns? God is in complete control over the Age, and He will save all His elect, regardless of who is elected Prime Minister of Canada. Don't get me wrong, I will vote. I do know the various platforms of the various political parties and, in the end, I will vote for the man who I believe will do "less wickedly". I will not vote for a man per se, I will vote against the others.

While this is somewhat unfortunate, the real aggravation does NOT come from the politicians. For Crazy Rand, the real aggravation comes from some of his own Christian brothers and sisters. The aggravation:

-Most Christians I know wouldn't place a Gospel sign on their property for all the tea in China... but a "Elect Joe Bob of the Conservatives" sign, that will be on the front lawn for a solid month.

-Again, most Christians wouldn't dream (not for one second) of going door-to-door to bring the Gospel to their neighbourhoods... but canvassing on behalf of a conservative political party, well that they go for!

-Finally, most Christians simply will NOT attend their churches services, as in ALL THEIR SERVICES. They're just "too busy" for that! But when it comes to working as a volunteer for a Christian friendly politician, they zealously put in the hours!

This is madness! Pure insanity. Most Christians in Canada would put more work in serving Stephen Harper then the Lord Jesus Christ!!! So, are they Christians? Or are they Harperites? Do they zealously love the Truth that is in Christ Jesus? Or do they have more affection for the Conservatives?

This post isn't an attack on Stephen Harper or the Conservative party. I will definitely vote Conservative in the coming election; they are the "least wicked" of the three major political parties. What I hope to accomplish by this post is to get my fellow Christian brothers and sisters thinking about who it REALLY is that they are serving with their lives. Is it the Man you are suppose to be serving, or are you serving a vain cause?

"For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ." (Philippians 3:20)


Rand