<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, December 17, 2005
another night of preaching in the books...

Again my pastor, brother Laz and myself were out in the marketplace for a good three hours, preaching the Gospel and distributing Bible literature. We got a huge amount of snow in the last 24 hours so the market was kind of quiet tonight (people didn't want to brave the slick roads). Surprisingly though, we passed a record amount of Gospel literature tonight, so please pray that those "seeds" will find good ground (Matthew 13).

Sadly though, while we did well with the Bible tracts, we had very few one-on-one conversations, and the ones I did have were most UN-profitable. And I must say that as the night wore on, things began to degenerate: insults, mockery, curses... I even had a young lady so bothered by my preaching, she decided to throw a snow/ice ball at me.

"The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his lord. It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household?" (Matthew 10:24-25)

They hated the Lord Jesus Christ and His message, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised with the nonsense I put up with tonight.

Funny/Sad moment of the night: I ran into a friend tonight who in the past had professed to be a Christian. This friend was DEFINITELY up to no good in the marketplace, so our meeting was short and uncomfortable (for my friend that is). Ah! hypocrisy! How difficult it is to cover.

And with that, I'm off to a well deserved night of rest. Good night dear readers.


Rand