<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, December 31, 2005
it was soooo cold!!!

Another Friday night of preaching in the books. Again, for 3 solid hours, my pastor and I preached the gospel to hundreds (if not thousands) of souls in my city's marketplace. Brother Laz showed up for the last hour (his work kept him from joining us earlier) and did a bit of preaching and tract distribution. It was a pretty cold night temperature wise, but hey! no whining about work conditions when you are working for the King of Glory! (lol)

The night started out pretty good. I'd say that the first half of our endeavour was a blessed time, but the second half was pretty tough.

The First Half:

1- A man walked by my pastor and took a Gospel tract from him while I was preaching across the street. After obtaining the tract, he kept walking but his eyes never left me and the Gospel sing I was holding. After a couple of minutes, he came back and had a few words with my pastor. I was preaching a fair distance away so I couldn't make out what they were talking about, but looking at their body language, I knew that the man was favourable to us. The man then walked away from my pastor, crossed the street and walked towards me.

"How are you, my friend?" I asked.

"Good," he answered as he extended a 20$ bill.

"I don't need you to give me money, my friend," I said kindly. "I'm doing this for the Lord. He's my reward."

"Yes, but I want you to have this," he mumbled. "What you are doing is important and it's good and I want you to use this for good."

I accepted the gift and promised him I would use his money for good. He then walked away wishing me a Happy New Year.


2- When my pastor was preaching, a young man shouted from across the street:

"There's no god!"

"You know what God calls you in the Bible my friend?" my pastor replied, "a fool! The Bible says the fool has said in his heart there is no God, and that's what you've just done."

"I use to believe as you do," my pastor continued, "until I read my Bible and the Lord saved me. That was 35 years ago. He made me clean from top to bottom and now my soul is heaven bound."

My pastor continued for a short time, preaching to this young man directly. Sharing with him the things the Lord had done for him over the years, and the young man just stood there, taking it all in. After a few minutes, the young man started walking away BUT THE GOOD NEWS IS as he passed by me, he accepted one of our Bible tracts.

Let us remember to pray for both these souls my Christian brothers and sisters.


The Second Half:

1- As a member of an English speaking church I mostly preach in English, though I am a francophone (French is my first language). So as I was preaching tonight, four men walked by me, cursing and mocking me to my face in French, thinking I wouldn't understand their vile words. My answer:

"Vous allez être les premiers à pleurer un jours messieurs, de ne pas avoir pris au sérieux mon discours sur l'Evangile du Seigneur Jésus Christ." (translation: you will be the first to cry one day, sirs, to not have received the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ)

At first they were taken aback, but then they just walked away, continuing their mocking and cursing.

2- As my pastor was preaching, two sodomites stopped in front of the area where I was distributing Bible tracts and decided to give us a demonstration of their abominable behaviour. Their started kissing each other like the perverts they are, of course, just to antagonize us. I just shrugged and shook my head.


And that about sums up the highlights of our night of street preaching. I am now exhausted, so it's time for a rest. Good night dear readers, and do remember me in your prayers, as I will be preaching a sermon on the Lord's Day at my church.


Rand