<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

The Foolishness of the Foolish

Thursday, June 08, 2006
a spontaneous post...

As I am writing this post, I can hear my next door neighbor's son coughing. He's out there on the back steps, coughing up a storm whilst smoking some marijuana and/or cigarettes. He coughs like a man struggling against tuberculosis, and yet, he continues to smoke his trash.

"The way of the wicked is as darkness: they know not at what they stumble." (Proverbs 4:19)

This may sound snooty and condescending, but really, that level of stupidity astounds me. I understand that addiction is a powerful thing, but it is very hard for me to sympathize with someone who has chosen to harm himself for a cheap thrill, and then continues on, ignoring the obvious.

This being said, I know my responsibility, and my duty to both this lad and the Lord my God:

"For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou salt love thy neighbor as thyself." (Galatians 5:14)

While the stench of his drugs drives me up the wall... while his foul language irks me to no end... while his perversions disturb me... I must love him as myself.

Brothers and sisters, I NEED your prayers.


Rand