<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Friday Night Notes

Saturday, May 27, 2006
finally made it out...

There was actually some light rain tonight, as we prepared ourselves for our night of street preaching. But having missed the last two weeks, we were determined to not let the rain keep us from bringing the Gospel to the marketplace tonight. And praise be to God, by the time we made it to our customary preaching spot, the rain stopped, and we had clear weather for our 3.5 hours of preaching.

The warmer weather is back in Canada, so the marketplace is quite busier on Friday nights. While this is a good thing in that many more souls are exposed to the Gospel, there are some pretty serious drawbacks. For example, all those souls are out, for the most part, to sin (drunkenness, immorality, revelry... etc). Another serious downside of the warmer weather is the clothes women wear; or should I say, the lack of clothes women wear.

Anyway, no point whining about the wicked acting wickedly... it's exactly what I'd be had it not been for God's grace in my life.

I had a few conversations tonight with the lost tonight, but nothing too meaningful (as far as I could tell). I did have a couple of humorous/witty exchanges with a few antagonistic souls. Here are three examples:

1- A young woman walked by me as I was preaching the importance of faith in Christ Jesus. "I don't believe in God!" the woman exclaimed. "You will," I answered.

2- A man stumbled towards me as I was holding a Gospel sign and passing out some tracts. "Your nuts, you know," the man began, "holding a big Bible sign like that out here." I looked at the man and with a calm, but direct voice I said: "I find it difficult to take your insult seriously sir, considering you are so drunk out of your mind, you can't even stand straight." Taken a bit a back, the man replied slowly: "That's a good point."

3- I was headed home after all 3.5 hours of our evangelistic effort, when a young lady walked by me and mockingly said: "I'm a sinner!" Without a moments hesitation I answered: "Yes, you are."

And that's my report from "Dead Land" for tonight. We laboured honestly, and we laboured for the glory of our God and Saviour Jesus Christ. Now, it's time for some sleep.

Good night, dear readers, and have a blessed week-end... especially the Lord's Day.


Rand