<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 1:13)

Saturday Afternoon Notes... from Quebec!!!

Sunday, November 05, 2006
God bless them...


Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest. (Matthew 9:38)

I got an e-mail today from a brother who lives in Quebec, and it brought a great deal of joy into my heart. It was a summary of their evangelistic, street preaching effort; complete with pictures of their work, as you can see here. The whole e-mail was basically a French version of my Friday Night Notes.

There were four evangelists preaching the Gospel and distributing tracts yesterday in the most ungodly province in my country, and the response to their work was pretty much the same as the response we get from our street preaching: lots of mockery, plenty of scorn, and the occasional good conversation. The report stated that one man received the Gospel pretty favourably and there is hope he would come to church. Let us pray for the salvation of this soul.

I really praise God for this report. I praise God that while I have been down with this sickness, the Lord has sent out 4 labourers into the mission field, and they faithfully presented the Gospel to the lost. Dear saints, please pray for these brothers and sisters, that the Lord would protect them in their endeavours, that He would keep them faithful in working at the Great Commission, and that He would use their work to save His elect.


Rand

Ps: my brother-in-the-Lord made a good point, in his e-mail, about the frequent charge that evangelists are stupid and uneducated. He wrote: "Next week, if everybody is there, there will be 3 among the 5 of us that are studying at the doctoral level in university!" Yep, us evangelists... pretty stoooopid I tell ya!